The Outback Queensland Tourism Awards are an annual event held to celebrate and acknowledge tourism excellence; promoting and rewarding tourism businesses that demonstrate outstanding achievement and success throughout the year.
The 2018 awards will be held by Maranoa Regional Council from 1st – 4th November 2018 in Roma.
The award categories showcase a range of tourism products and businesses that provide outstanding service and experiences to guests in Outback Queensland.
Please note that only members of the Outback Queensland Tourism Association are entitled to enter the awards.
2018 Awards Criteria:
- Category 1: Major Tourist Attraction
- Category 2: Tourist Attraction
- Category 3: Festivals and Events
- Category 4: Cultural Tourism
- Category 5: Visitor Information and Services
- Category 6: Tour and Transport Operators
- Category 7: Destination Marketing
- Category 8: Restaurant and Catering Services
- Category 9: Caravan and Holiday Parks
- Category 10: Standard Accommodation
- Category 11: Hosted Accommodation
- Category 12: Best Outback Pub
- Category 13: Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer or Volunteer Group
- Category 14: Young Achiever’s Award
- Category 15: New Tourism Business
- Category 16: Local Government Award
- Category 17: Outback Mates Award