Peter Dawes Park is centrally located in Burke St Julia Creek. A new, shaded kids playground was installed in 2018. The Park includes undercover picnic tables with BBQ facilities and public amenities. There is a large grass area which is often used for community events. There is also interpretive signage detailing historical information about the town.
Peter Dawes Park was named in honour of the Dawes family who gave the land as a contribution to the community. Mr and Mrs Dawes were the original owners of the Julia Creek Newsagency, built by them in 1948 and still situated across the road. In the 1940s part of this area was the site of the Blue Bird Cafe which burnt down in 1949.