Location: Winchu Street, Quilpie, QLD
About Quilpie Powerhouse Museum
Step inside the original Powerhouse and learn its history. The Quilpie Powerhouse was turned on in Quilpie March 1952. Quilpie was the first town in Western Queensland to have a powerhouse. Whilst Quilpie had power the surrounding properties were still using generators. The powerhouse closed in December 1987 and 1988 the whole Shire (properties included) was connected to the coastal grid.