MEMBERSHIP PROSPECTUS 19/20
Outback Queensland Tourism Association is a Destination Marketing Organisation, committed to driving visitation to Outback Queensland.
From a marketing perspective, we measure our success not just in leads, likes and comments – but conversion, as we believe that’s our true measure of success.
OQTA is committed to capacity building in the region, to offer better services for its members.
Not only is our capacity growing, but our products as well, with a raft of new product developments coming online.
In 2019/2020, our membership levels are:
- Cowboy’s (Free Membership)
- Stockman’s (Base Level Membership)*
*OQTA’s fee-for-service model is available as part of the Stockman’s Membership only.
OQTA are continuing to offer a fee-for-service model in 2019/20 so members can choose which services they’d like assistance with through our digital channels.
Reach new audiences by leveraging off OQTA’s growing social media platforms, email database and website to promote your product or service.
Stockman’s Members can choose which level of support they’d like from OQTA to ensure your marketing efforts are more targeted than ever before – rather than a one-size fits all solution.
Not only are outcomes customised, so are the budgets required for investment. Our mission is to connect every visitor with an authentic and memorable Australian outback experience and adventure – by making sure our destination is the number one choice for an authentic Australian Outback adventure.
OQTA’S CHANNELS AT A GLANCE
OQTA is committed to growing its audience across its owned media platforms.
In particular, OQTA’s marketing strategy is on track to achieve the following growth by 30 June 2020:
We are proud to offer our members marketing opportunities within our channels – and grow your audiences jointly with ours.
Available to all operators in the Outback Queensland region.
- Receive monthly OQTA consumer eNewsletter
- Receive weekly tourism industry updates
- Ability to apply for the OQTA Tourism Awards
- Outback Mates deal and listing on Outback Mates website
- Access to the Outback Queensland Marketing Private Facebook Group
Please note, Cowboy members can not access the optional marketing activity offered by OQTA.
Price: $700 + GST + OPTIONAL EXTRAS
Please note: this price is not available to councils or drive committees.
- All the free membership benefits & 1 x voting rights in the OQTA A.G.M.
- Discounted advertising rate in the Outback Queensland Travellers Guide
- Directory listing in OQTA’s Travellers Guide
- Quarterly marketing and tourism research reports from OQTA
- Free QTIC Membership
- Discount of $50 for your ATDW listing
- Access to OQTA’s opt-in Marketing programs
All Stockman’s level members are able to access the optional marketing activity offered by OQTA.
OUR ANNUAL MARKETING ACTIVITIES
To ensure we are delivering our vision and aims, OQTA undertake an annual program of strategic marketing activities designed to attract visitors to the Outback and to increase our region’s domestic and international profile.
Our marketing activities include the following:
- Executing a digital marketing strategy to drive awareness and increase conversion to all operators, events, councils and drive routes in Outback Queensland
- Growing our social media channels and consumer databases and setting rigorous targets to ensure enhanced growth
- Pitching and coordinating famils (consumer, trade, traditional and digital) into the region
- Advocacy on behalf of our region and industry representing our members to high level stakeholders
- Working in partnership with TEQ and QTIC on Experience and Product Development, creating, informing and guiding the direction taken in developing and promoting our regions product
- Negotiating partnership agreements with corporate stakeholders that have influence in our region
- Working in partnership with the Events Team at TEQ to prioritise event funding applications, coordinate assistance and promote outback events
- Promoting Outback Mates loyalty program, designed to drive visitors in to the VIC’s, spend more money and keep them in region longer
- Visitor Information accreditation process, assistance and collateral
- Quarterly reporting on sales figures from the trade network Placement in a Trade eNews that goes out to database
- of domestic and International travel agents, brokers, wholesalers and ITO’s
- Attending travel trade events and consumer shows
- Trade work in New Zealand including Queensland on Stage where we sell directly to travel agents and travel brokers increasing awareness of Outback experiences and destinations and growing business opportunities with key trade partners
- Selling to international travel buyers through the Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE), Australia’s largest annual travel and tourism business-to-business event
- To develop industry knowledge and skills
- Understand the key principles of travel trade distribution Packaging, pricing and distribution structures Development of travel trade tools (as below) Operational systems (eg. channel managers)
- Sales skills for use in travel trade and direct with consumers
- Product Evaluation & Strategic Planning
- Development consultation to assist with tourism travel trade presence and be available for comment on tourism issues and changes of distribution.
- Monitoring products market status and position Identify opportunities for the product
- Provide recommended strategies for implementation